Friday, August 15, 2014

Ad History - 1

I won't be reviewing any ads here but would like to share with my readers some of the old ads I dug up. I have randomly selected some ads, these are not necessarily memorable or path breaking ads but to me they definitely are part of Indian advertising history.

Premium Soap: Perspectives 1993

Perspectives was a supplement of Metropolis on Saturday, Bombay edition - published by The Times of India, it does not exist now.

Colgate Baby Powder: Filmfare June 14,1963


Half a century ago Colgate-Palmolive tried to get into the baby care business but was unsuccessful, perhaps Johnsons & Johnsons was too strong a competitor for them.
Halo Shampoo: Filmfare June 14, 1963
Halo Shampoo was a product of Colgate-Palmolive and was among the top selling even in the 1980s, the sales declined when several new multi-national brands entered the Indian hair care market. I wonder if the company lost interest in the brand.
Coca-Cola: The Bharat Jyoti, Sunday, March 25, 1973
The Bharat Jyoti used to be the Sunday edition of The Free Press Journal, Bombay. 

Perspectives: November 1993
Robin Blue: Bombay Times June 23, 1995
I have loads of old ads in my collection, some dating back to the 1950s, I will try and share as many of them as possible in my future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment